Formulix is an all-new RISC OS application designed to make
creating formula or equations both quick and easy. It offers powerful editing
features and OLE support, and exports a formula as a Draw file,
thus ensuring compatibility with a broad range of desktop applications such
as word processors and DTP programs.
- Fast and smooth operation
- Unlimited undo/redo facility
- A toolbox which gives fast access to all frequently used mathematical structures (such as brackets, matrices, integrals and sigmas) and user defined formula elements
- A toolbar at the top of the page for instant access to the most commonly used tools
- A smart-help display inside the toolbar
- Drag & drop editing
- Carefully designed formatting rules for top quality results
- Support for two formula styles, 'text style' for embedded formulae and 'display style' for a formula in its own line
- Powerful structures such as big operators, brackets, roots and many more. Each structure type offers many sub-types and several options to override the default formatting if the user so wishes
- Matrices of any size with a powerful matrix editor for inserting/deleting/moving rows/columns and more
- Many math-characters e.g. operators, comparisons etc, each category in its own dialogue box
- A new freechar box allows for setting up a box with your preferred extra characters from any outline font
- Four outline fonts from EFF: MathGreek, MathLogic1, MathScrip1 and MathBest font which together provide over seven hundred mathematical symbols
- Function detection which automatically changes sin, cos, etc. to non italic style.
- User definable choices and defaults which can be permanently stored on disk
- Export as a Draw file, or save in its own native format
- The ability to export a formula with a caption, a border and an equation number when saving
- The ability to load Equasor files
- Support for the Computer Concepts OLE standard, so that it integrates directly with programs like Impression Style and Impression Publisher.
These are the key features of Formulix. Teachers, students
and anybody working in scientific publishing will appreciate the facilities
this program offers. When combined with a word processor or DTP program,
creating documents containing complex formulae could not be easier or
This shows a Formulix window (lower) containing an equation
which is being edited, within an Impression document (window
behind). The use of OLE greatly simplifies the process of embedding and
editing complex equations in Impression.
New in version 2.10: Formulix can now perform horizontal and
vertical kerning of individual elements within a formula. This allows extremely
precise control over the appearance of equations. Also included in this version
are some new bracket types which can look better for larger
brackets, and more precise control over bracket size. Existing users of
Formulix can upgrade to version 2.10 for £12.77 + VAT.
- Formulix software on disc.
- User guide.
- EFF fonts
£49 + VAT (£57.57 incl.)
£29 + VAT (£34.07 incl.) for existing owners of Equasor and Impression
£12.77 + VAT (£15.00 incl.) for existing Formulix owners to
upgrade to version 2.10
Works with all Acorn RISC computers with 2MBytes RAM.
© Copyright Computer Concepts:
page last updated 19 May 1997
For more information about this site, contact