Impression Publisher Plusis a supplement to Impression
Publisher designed for professional users, particularly those involved
in colour reproduction. It now provides support for high end pre-press systems
like OPI, DCS, and EPS files, and provides a new colour system.
- EPS (Encapsulated PostScript) file support.
- OPI (Open Prepress Interface) and DCS support allowing low resolution
screen previews to be used for layout work and for these to be automatically
replaced by high resolution images when typeset.
Advanced Colour Control
- Named colour support. Colours (of text, frames, borders etc) can be be
given user names and defined in RGB, HSV, CMYK, and can include any number of
spot colours and tints of colours. Named colours, like styles, are re-definable
- The built-in colour separation system supports the usual four colour
separations and any number of spot colour separations.
- Tint colours allow variable percentage tints of other colours to be
- ArtWorks named colours can be imported. Publisher
Plus can incorporate all the named colours in any ArtWorks
file into the main Impression colour list. Such colours are fully
integrated into the Impression named colour system, so that colour
edits can also affect ArtWorks pictures.
- A new improved, interactive, colour picker dialogue allows easy selection
and definitions of colours.
The new colour editor.
All of these controls are in addition to the already very flexible
separation and colour support built into the standard Impression
Publisher, such as the ability to adjust brightness and contrast, and
the PostScript screen type, density and angle on an individual graphic basis,
the ability to control overprint on a colour or plate basis, and the unique
ability to preview colour separations on-screen either in greyscale or the
plate colour (which now includes spot previews as well).
In addition to the above improved colour support, when printing, the precise
XY page offset (i.e. the position of the page on the paper) can now be
- 8 discs
- A comprehensive 300 page manual with supplement for Publisher
- Quick reference card
- WordWorks Thesaurus
- Equasor, equation editor
- TIFF loader
- Text loaders, RTF etc.
- TableMate, table editor
Price: Full Impression Publisher Plus package - £229 + VAT
Publisher Plus as an upgrade for Publisher owners
- £99 + VAT (£116.32 incl)
Works with all Acorn RISC computers. 2MBytes of RAM required; 4MBytes RAM
© Copyright Computer
Concepts: page last updated 14 May 1996
For more information about this site, contact